Extend Your Streak of Bad Luck for as Long as You Want with This One Simple Trick
Published: January 20, 2020
Updated: February 4, 2020
How long can my streak of bad luck last?
Every experienced poker player has said this at one point.
Some of us yell it across the room. Some of us go on and on to anyone who stays within earshot.
Some of us quietly mutter it under our breath, or repeat it over and over out loud in our minds.
- When your set gets cracked again
- When your flush misses for the nth time in a row
- When the dealer pitches you yet another unplayable hand
You throw your hand towards the muck, your head towards the sky, and you ask the ceiling, “How long can this bad luck last?”
The bad news is that it can last forever. The good news is that it probably won’t.
But you can do something about it. You can extend your bad luck for as long as you want by using the power of your mind and one simple trick.
Are you ready to learn how?
It’s simple really.
How do you know that you are in a run of bad luck?
- Your draw didn’t hit.
- Your opponents draw did hit.
- You lost a big pot.
- You lost with a big hand.
- You didn’t get a big hand.
- You didn’t get a hand at all.
Something happened that was bad and made you unhappy. As long as those things keep happening, you are still in the midst of a streak of bad luck.
Here’s the trick.
Things happen all the time. More if you are playing poker. You can extend your run of bad luck by including all of the bad things you can find.
- You started with good cards, and they didn’t win.
- You won but the pot should have been bigger.
- You won a big pot but it wasn’t against the person who won all your chips.
- You won a big pot but you still aren’t even.
- You got even but you aren’t ahead.
- You got ahead but you aren’t where you would have been without that run of bad luck from earlier.
I guarantee something like that is happening right now. If you are diligent and alert enough to notice it and include it in your run of bad luck, you can extend it for the rest of your life or longer.
Now you know how to use your mind and this simple trick to extend a run of bad luck for as long as you want. Could you also do the opposite?
Can you end a run of bad luck whenever you want? Or even better, can you extend a run of good luck for as long as you want?
Imagine what you could do if you could do that? If (or when) you figure out how, tell me about it.